Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Apps VS. Responsive Web Design
Nowadays, developers face a dilemma and have scruples when they decide on a format for their mobile and smartphone-based products, whether to Create a native mobile app or a responsive web-based platform?
Each of them offering its own benefits and advantages, and it’s not a must to have a one that better than the other, it’s depending on your business needs.
Differences between them:
There is a key difference between responsive web design and mobile apps.
Responsive website design: generally, it means that your website is designed and developed specifically for a mobile use. It will often be housed under a different URL and will combine subsets of your desktop content that are convenient for mobile viewing. These pages will suit to any screen size that the user desires.
Mobile apps, on the other hand, are specific applications that customized and developed to each industry/field that feature unique designs and codebases. In our Mobile-obsessed world, native mobile apps are becoming a popular choice for many sites that want to offer users a top-shelf experience.
Advantages of Responsive Web Design
Developing mobile responsive websites is the older and less stylish than the apps.
- Duration: Launching a mobile site is a faster process than designing an application. Nowadays all businesses need responsive websites to stay competitive anyway, so creating a responsive mobile experience is the least that developers can do.
- Budget: it is comparatively cheaper than developing native mobile app from scratch.
Unfortunately, you only get what you pay for. Responsive mobile sites, while necessary in today’s business environment, but still not as mobile apps. It takes a long time to navigate to a mobile site through a phone’s browser when compared with the convenience of an app, and once users are there, it begins to work slower.
Advantages of Mobile Apps:
Although mobile apps are more expensive and take longer time, but they have several advantages:
- Functionality: Apps feature greater functionality than mobile websites can allow. This means that apps can easily integrate with other features and tools in a device as well as support functions that aren’t possible with responsive website.
- Speed: Mobile apps are designed top to bottom with efficiency in mind. Apps usually have faster loading times than web pages as they aren’t focus with unnecessary site elements.
- Brand Recognition: Nothing beats a native app for brand awareness and marketing. Mobile apps put you front and center on each user’s phone, and the custom code used to create apps can relay information back to businesses about user behaviors to inform future development decisions.
And the Disadvantages:
Designing mobile apps is tough so you should employ a team with excellent skills! Building an application requires a different set of skills than modifying a site for mobile. If it has done poorly, it can work against businesses and will affect the business’s reputation. If consumers see a cheap app, it makes the business seem unprofessional.
Now, it’s not about what is better than the other, it’s about which is best and suitable for you?
The Portal Agency can develop both for you. It has a well-prepared development team with perfect skills that will develop your app/site in its perfect image! The Portal Agency also will guide you to what suits you more. Portal will be your fastest Portal to success!
Portal have already developed many apps or website you can check from here
Want to learn more or discuss your project? Want to make your owned app or website? Call us at these Numbers or request a quote .