Google merchant center product feed specification
You always need a guide to invite customers to buy your product in stores even online. Google is the best guide nowadays as 53% of shoppers say they always research before they buy to ensure they are making the best possible choice.
Here, comes the role of shopping feed specification for merchants as a guideline that describes what information (and in which format) should be provided to the channel. Google uses this data to make sure that it’s matched to the right queries so get better conversion rates on your shopping ads.
Google also offers various types of feed to better assist its advertisers and their products.
- The primary Google Merchant Center feed: The main feed with all information about your product catalog.
- Google Promotions Feed: The promotional text that you add to your shopping ad.
- Google Local Inventory Ads feed: To help physical stores direct foot traffic to their doors.
- Product Ratings feed: Adding product ratings & merchant reviews to your shopping ads, helping you build trust with your future customers.
- Dynamic Remarketing Feed: To retarget shoppers who visited your product pages or abandoned a shopping cart without finalizing the transaction.
With all these different types of feed and before adding any information you should ask yourself first “What is important for my customers?” and “How does the product stand out from the competition?”
This process needs many stages of customer research, but you can handle it with professional minds from THE PORTAL agency. Contact us now for more marketing services.